→ Go! Game 18UK home
|Word of welcome by Christina Bergman, owner of the Emerald Forest Hotel.
Want to see the promo video? Check promo Emerald Forest Hotel or check all management teams ever running my hotel in the overview of all ideas and concepts so far.
This platform in the central element on the content of the management game Emerald Forest Hotel.
To get an idea on the simulation: have a look at
- the promo Emerald Forest Hotel
- or one of the social media, for instance all the pictures related to the game and the 3.000 participants so far: Emerald Forest Hotel on Flickr
Competition Birmingham has ended
The competition Game_18UK_home has ended: congratulations to all the winning teams
- The Eden Park Hotel winning team on profit
- The Platinum Forest Hotel winning team on creativity
We hope to be seeing new managament teams from Birmingham BCU in 2017! Thank you all for joining. The pictures and videos will be only within shortly.
Competition Breda, the Netherlands has ended
The competition Game_17NL_home has ended: thank you all for participating. Congrats to the winning teams!
- on Creativity: Team Hotel Around the World
- on Net profit: Team Hotel Pelres
See their interview: Category:Emerald_forest_finished_teams.
Competition Tallinn has ended
The competition Game_16EE_home has ended: thank you all for participating.
Have a look at a short video recap:
Congrats to the winning teams!
- Amstelburg: Gatsby Park Hotel for the double!
- Budano: Emotional Paradise & Hotel MirrorMirror
- Copenstadt: The Tune Inn Hotel & Lounge for the double!
Well done, all competitors!
Competition Karlsruhe has endedVideo recapp of the competition:
Or check the long one
Your challenge Game 15DE home has ended! Thank you all for participating!
Congratulations to the winning teams:
- Congrats to Hotel Arabesque
- Hotel Olympia Supreme
- Overall winning teams Puzzles Resort on profit
- Hawthom Hotel on creativity.
Coaches special award for Fitness Ranch
Competitions to come
We are preparing for the competitions to come.
- Birmingham (UK) autumn 2016
- Valmiera (Latvia) autumn 2016
- Venice (Italy) still unknown
- Karlsruhe (Germany) February 2017
- Tallinn (Estonia) spring 2017
- Breda (Netherlands) June 2017
What can we do for you?
The Emerald Forest is a unique simulation, offering the opportunity to work on (business) management skills in a modern, attractive way, completely online way.
The simulation is much more then just this platform and has been played by more than 4.500 participants.
The management skills to demonstrate focus on:
- creativity, commercial calculating, managerial capacities and promotional skills.
The Emerald Forest Hotel is an international management simulation and is also set in an attractive competition based on profit and on creativity. We offer four options:
- joining the competition with teams in a personalized version and use the gameplay
- we help you in setting up a project like using our expertise of 15 years experience
- just use the story line and all of the content
All new hotel concepts
All of the new concepts which have been worked out by the participants from over 20 countries during this management simulation are listed on the page all new hotel concepts. From there you can click to any new hotel and it's total achievements and presentation.
Read the interesting blog post explaining the structure TravelNext of the Emerald Forest and gamification: sorry it is in Dutch.
Reports on the project
The simulation is used in different situations: it can be linked to traditional education, to coaching or training. Check the videos for an overview, filmed by participants.
Goals of this simulation
Teams are assigned to manage the hotel and keep it commercially and financially healthy, keep it independent and to show their vision on how to run a company like this. This platform is the central place in the management game. The total of the simulations consists of:
- this platform as central place of documentation
- online support in communications on many different social media and websites
- offline live activities and related courses
- private files of the management teams in the cloud for making decisions, getting results etc.
Find links to the online media here.
Emerald Forest Hotel is a nice hotel with lots of potential, as you can find out on his platform. Interested in joining? Contact us.
This platform supports the Emerald Forest Hotel simulation. The very first competition was the final of the EU Lifelong Learning Program. The purpose of this project is to bring (small) enterprises and education together. All details on this project can be found in EU info on the whole project.
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This communication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
The partners in this project are:
- Latvia: Vidzeme University of Applied Sciences
- Netherlands: NHTV Breda University of Applied Sciences
- Estonia: Tallinn University of Technology
- Germany: Karlshochschule International University
- Bulgaria: University of Veliko Tarno
- Lithuania: Kaunas University of Applied Sciences
Release and copyrights
July 2016 there will be a new release of Emerald Forest Hotel: a total upgrade specifically the usability will be upgraded, as well as the content and other online elements.
If you are a participant in the simulation, be sure to read the page disclaimer. Be sure when working on this game that whatever you post, you have the right to post that specific picture, photo, video or text without infringing anyone's copyrights. The website is actively monitored but as the entire game is an ongoing real time process it is hard to oversee all of the changes and all of the impacts. All postings are, for that matter, the individual responsibility of the editor of that specific piece of content.
If, by any means, you ended up in this website and think that the content offends your rights in any way, please contact us and we will respond. The entirety of this content is published under Creative Commons license. For details check the page copyright on this platform.
→ GO! Top of this page